Our goal as a Town is to provide all community members with the opportunity to grow physically and mentally through living a healthier more active life. The steps we are taking to achieve this goal is by offering programs that interest all members of all ages within the community. The Town is working hard to maintain all facilities that are used for recreational activities and we as a Town are constantly looking to grow our trails to offer more opportunities for community members to get active in the outdoors.
For up to date information check out Stewiacke Recreation on Facebook
Looking to enjoy the fallen leaves and escape from the town streets? Why not enjoy one of our 2 trails: The John Crawford Trail & Stewiacke River County Trail? Each trail offers its own unique experience. The John Crawford Trail has a small 600-meter loop covered in gravel, making it user-friendly, and it also has a loop that takes you into the natural state of the woods! The Stewiacke River Country Trail loops around our Ballfields and up behind the Mastodon. There are many great views of the river, and you can often see eagles flying by. A lot of people have yet to stop down by the Fish Shack in Stewiacke. The fisherman association has constructed a short trail that takes you to wonderful views of the river, and you can enjoy these views from a gazebo! What spot could be better to watch the tidal bore?
The Stewiacke Recreation Grounds are used frequently over the warmer months. These fields are mowed and drug by the Town. Rentals for the fields are priced at $100 for a day for one field. This year we are looking at maintenance on the fields for an even better 2018 season.
Do you like to Skate?
During the winter months, the Town places an ice surface in Dennis Park for people to enjoy.
Looking for programs to take part in? There are many recreational opportunities.
- Cadets take place Monday and Wednesdays at the Community Centre, teens only.
- Afterschool programs that take place through a partnership with WRC and the Town that take place Tuesdays and Thursdays for students at WRC.
- Paint Club happens on Monday mornings at the Community Centre from 9am-12pm.
- Bootcamp classes open to all ages 16 and up! These take place Monday & Tuesday at WRC and Thursday at Community Centre. 6:30pm-7:30pm and $5 drop-in.
- Our Baptist Church in Stewiacke offers programs for youth and children as well such as Fusion.
- Tuesdays at the Legion, card parties happen for seniors!
Over the Holidays, the Town of Stewiacke offers special days in the community to celebrate with our neighbors. We will be celebrating Christmas in Stewiacke all day long with many events taking place throughout the day. Keep your eyes peeled for a poster, coming soon!